Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
updates

1917 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2016-07-26 07:25:25

•   Level 2   
    (43) points
    jstebbing
    2016-07-25 21:46:56
    I'm wondering if you can update your maxisyspro from another maxisyspro that has newer updates?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-07-26 03:58:19 (Reply to:jstebbing)

I'm sure you wouldn't be able to just  hook one tablet to the other and copy any files from one to another. Even if you copied the scan folder to a SD card and saved to a folder on your PC and surgically cherry picked, copied , and pasted certain car makes to the older car software, the  folders have origin dates that are later than the expiration date of the older tool it will likely not take, and you risk bricking an older functioning tool.
      If I had two expired scanners at same update levels where one got manufacturer software got accidentally deleted, I would try to locate and  cherry pick just the needed manufacturer software files  from the copied backup  scan folder of  another tool , but realize it might be still at a risk of bricking access to the rest of my working software. Sure be expensive to pay $1200 to buy a another new update to just to get added newer car coverage if it doesn't retain all the older car software functionality it once possessed a few years ago.  

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-07-26 07:25:25 (Reply to:jstebbing)

Sorry, the software files can't be copied with each other. Each tool has its authorization. If you copied the software files from another tool, which has risk to brick your tool as Witsend said.
  Total1 Pages